Sunday, December 1, 2013

Will I be denied a Student Visa if I overstayed my tourist visa years ago?


Will I be denied a Student Visa if I overstayed my tourist visa years ago?
I lived and worked in Spain illegally for about a year. However, I traveled quite a bit and was constantly leaving and re-entering Spain, so I have several stamps in my passport and was never stopped at customs for overstaying my tourist visa. I am now applying for a student visa to return to study in Spain and I was just wondering if the visa will be denied because of my past travels? And if so, will my passport be "red flagged" disabling my return to the EU? Thanks for your input!
Immigration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
you wont know until you apply ..there records are not know
2 :
It is possible........but it is well known that Europeans for some reason look the other way [even when red flagged] in the SIS that they look the other way to American passports depending on how big the benefit will be to the local economy.A student certainly can give a country experiencing record unemployment a big reason to look that other way even if [red flagged] in the system negatively.

Read more other entries :