Thursday, November 28, 2013

How do you greet someone from Spain?

How do you greet someone from Spain?
My own family is from Nicaragua, and whenever we greet someone new, it's a kiss on the cheek. Is it the same in Spain? We're getting an exchange student, and usually when I meet new people if they're from America, I shake their hand, but if it's anyone Hispanic, I give them a kiss on the cheek. Is that okay with my exchange student? I don't want to make them feel uncomfortable. Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm culturally oblivious.
Etiquette - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
exactly the same
2 :
just wait to see what they do.
3 :
Kissing him on the cheek at the first meeting might make him feel uncomfortable. Just shake his hand.
4 :
If its formal, its two kiss on the cheeks. One for each cheek. However, a simple handshake or hug will be enough.
5 :
Are you communicating with them now by email or messaging? Tell them you are trying to learn about their culture. Ask a few questions including how they great new people. This way you will know what they prefer.
6 :
How NOT to kiss a Spaniard >> http://www.tumbit.com/blogs/1093-how-not-to-kiss-a-spaniard.html

Read more other entries :