Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Will I need a student visa if I go to a short term language school in Spain?

Will I need a student visa if I go to a short term language school in Spain?
I live in the states and I plan on going to the language school for 3 to 4 months.
Studying Abroad - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you have a US passport, according to these days regulations, you will not need a visa as long as you are staying less than 3 months, after three months you will need one. It is best to contact the Spanish Embassy closer to you for updates on the subject. You want to get reliable info on this. I studied in the best summer program available in Spain, in order to prepare for the semester. School is rather challenging in Spain, and more so if your level in Spanish is not that high. Once you get used to the lifestyle, and the people, rules, manners, etc... and above all the Spanish language, through a shorter stay program, you are ready to dive into the Spanish official school system, which is one of the hardest... If you wanted to spend a short term in Spain, I recommend www.beautifulspain.com Have fun and study lots of Spanish before you arrive in Spain as not many speak English there, which is great in order to learn lots more!
2 :
If you stay for longer period than three months, you definitely need a student visa because countries like Spain, Portugal, Italy and France realy stress that you have one.

Read more other entries :