Friday, January 28, 2011

I am doing a student exchange to spain and want to write to my host family?

I am doing a student exchange to spain and want to write to my host family?
I just recieved them and I HAVE NO IDEA what i shoudl write to them EXCEPT..Hi i am very excited to come to spain ...??
Studying Abroad - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
http://www.cultures-shocked.org/forum/index.php? check out this website... but my advice: you don't really know what they know about you, so you should assume they know very little and introduce yourself. Talk about what activities you like, what your like, why ur excited to go, that you look forward to meeting them, and ask about their lives and stuff... ex: Hi, my name is xxxxxxxx. I am xx years old and live in xxxxxxxx. I am really excited to meet all of you and I'm sure I will love you all! I am also very excited to come to Spain, and I know I am going to have a great year with you! I enjoy playing xxxxxx and xxxxxx. I also love xxxxxx. What activities do you enjoy? Sincerely, XXXXXX something like that... assuming you can say all that in spanish
2 :
Hi, I'm sure your host family will be VERY happy to hear from you. Don't worry about writing in Spanish. If you can, great. If not, just write in English, they'll find a way to get it translated. They are going to want to know all about you, so write about your hobbies, interests, sports, etc. Tell them about your parents -- what they do for a living. About any brothers and/or sisters. Do you have pets? Let them know about your school and the classes you take there. Describe a typical day. They will also what to know what you like and dislike, so let them know. Be sure to balance everything so you don't come across as negative. For example, "I hate tuna fish but really love chicken." Then, ask about them. What do THEY like, what's a typical day in their family, what is the school like? They will have just as much trouble writing to you as you do to them, so if you give specific questions to answer it will help! Also, assure them they can write in Spanish, even if you wrote in English. The more you correspond and interact with your host family, the easier the first part of your year will be! Have a great time!

Read more other entries :