Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What is living in Seville, Spain like for a student?

What is living in Seville, Spain like for a student?
I am a Spanish major and I am weighing my study abroad options. I can do a 9 week program in Quito, Ecuador for about $6000 and take three courses, or I can do a 9 week program in Seville and also take three courses (or I can take 2 courses in 6 weeks for $6000). What is living in Seville like?
Other - Spain - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
da BOMB!!! Ummm. But you want to spend a lot longer than 6 weeks! You need at least 6 MONTHS to learn the language. In 6 weeks, you still won't be able to understand what they are saying to you. Especially if you're a Spanish MAJOR!
2 :
Seville is a fun place. The city is about as typically Spanish as you can get, Bullfights, Holy week, Feria and Flamenco. Great nights out. I have not been to Quito but have friends who worked there. It is third world.
3 :
You didn't say what time of the year- because if it is summer (in Sevilla), it will SUCK!! big time! it is so dang hot that you will wither away. Any other time of year, it is fantastic!
4 :
My parents live in Sevilla, and it is SUCH a fun city. I live in Barcelona, but I visit them all the time, because Sevilla has such a different atmosphere, it's an amazing city, and I would recommend it way before Quito. You will never run out of things to do in Sevilla, and you will never meet people who are nicer or more fun to be around (I can say this, I have lived all around Spain, I know.) You have to go to at least one bullfight, it's a classic Sevillan experience. You also have to take in at least one flamenco show. Sevilla is the place to go for flamenco, no one does it better. Sevilla is also very, very beautiful.

Read more other entries :