Monday, March 7, 2011

female student touring Spain alone?

female student touring Spain alone?
I am planning to tour Spain alone anywhere from 1-2 weeks sometime while I am studying abroad in Scotland. I'm an Asian female (but American student). Is this considered a safe thing to do? Should I expect anything during my trip there? I'll be in Barcelona. I'm also planning on staying in one of the hostels.
Other - Spain - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Barcelona is no different than any other large city. There will be "rough" parts. You have to be aware of things around you. As far as I am aware, there is not a large Asian presence but as your English is good your will not have many problems with communications. Do be aware of pickpockets and be on your guard. Have a good trip, Barcelona has something for everyone.
2 :
Yup. Totally safe! Have fun! Keep valuables close to your body, as you would anywhere...more so in Barcelona, and careful anywhere after dark. Have a blast! Travel beyond Barcelona!!!!!
3 :
there are 1 million Asians living peaceful lives in Spain. The crime rate is lower in Spain than other western countries. However, you have to be sensible about things when travelling alone, irrespective of where you go.
4 :
Yes it is very safe. Safer than Scotland even! Scots and Spanish have something in common. They do not care what race you are as long as you behave yourself and do not frighten the servants or the horses.

Read more other entries :