Monday, February 7, 2011

which city of Spain in better for international student?


which city of Spain in better for international student?
Hi there I plan to go Spain for continue my education in PhD ,I wanna to know Madrid is better or Barcelona for international student. I heard Spain's people just speak Spanish , in my mind Barcelona be cause of tourist maybe they can speak English as well,So what's your idea? which university you offer to me for continue my PhD in Computer. and how is finding job there? are they happy people?(are they friendly people?)
Studying Abroad - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
In Barcelona (and rest of Catalonia), Catalan is an official language (Spanish is the other official one) and all education, including university, is held in Catalan only. Catalan is a separate language, more similar to French, whereas Spanish is more similar to Portuguese than Catalan is. I'm from Barcelona and Catalan speaker, so this is absolutely normal for me, but you should be aware of that. However, I know that in some private universities there are also lessons held in English. If your aim is to learn Spanish, apart from getting your degree in computer science, I think it will be better for you to go to Madrid. Yes, we are happy people in Barcelona, and they are in Madrid, too.

Read more other entries :