Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Should I kiss my hosts in cheek when I go to Spain?

Should I kiss my hosts in cheek when I go to Spain?
It sounds really funny, I know. Let me explain. I'm from Turkey and I'm going to be a guest of a family in Spain for a while, with a student exchange.In Turkey, when we meet with someone, we kiss them in cheek. Does it sound weird?Can they feel indisposed?Is there a tradition like that in the other countries?
Other - Cultures & Groups - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
yes this is normal in europe, you should kiss once on each cheek. Only in holland people kiss 3 times, one cheek, other cheek, first cheek. Everywhere else in central europe (including spain) its one cheek, other cheek, Finished. :-)
2 :
Yes it is a sign of respect and is very normal in European countries. As you are in the US we shake hands and if your in China/Japan you bow to show respect and greeting.
3 :
You have to , its a must trust me!! LOL... you kiss both cheeks OK??
4 :
You should take into consideration how they approach you in general. If they keep distant and silent, don't do it. But in Spain it is more likely that you will get a warm and friendly greeting with hugs and kisses from them. I don't think you need to worry about it, just be yourself.
5 :
Be sure to ask them which cheeks, before you do!
6 :
Yes, definitely. if not you will be considered unfriendly.

Read more other entries :