Wednesday, January 1, 2014

What should I bring to Spain for a semester?

What should I bring to Spain for a semester?
College student seeking advice on what to bring to spain. I can take 2 suitcases and a carry on. i have never left the country and I would like to fit in with the people in Madrid. What are the current fashion trend and if so any reccommended US stores to shop in?
Other - Europe - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I was born in Madrid and spent the majority of last year there. In order to provide you with a good answer, it would be best to know a.) when you are planning on going b.) if you are male or female. But let's see if this helps: Dress is typically a little more "dressy" than here. More and more people wear sneakers now, but I would definitely recommend taking some leather shoes. In the winter months, a lot of girls wear black boots, paired with black tights and a dress. They also wear their clothes tighter (the guys). The "urban" look with the XL tees would def give you away. Also, if you are a girl, go easy on the makeup. Flip flops also give you away as an American. Basically, since Madrid is a major city, you will see a great variety of looks there. Just think of what people wear in NYC. And you have the right idea about getting clothes before you go. Clothes in Madrid can be pricey and the sizes can be a bit confusing. Message me if you would like pictures of some of my friends in Madrid. And have fun! It will be an unforgettable experience!

Read more other entries :