Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Should I be a foreign exchange student in SPAIN, FRANCE, or AUSTRALIA?


Should I be a foreign exchange student in SPAIN, FRANCE, or AUSTRALIA?
I can't decide! I'm a 17 year old in America, but I'm originally from England. Apart from speaking English, I'm learning Spanish, and want to become more fluent, which is why Spain seems like a good idea. But I'm also going to self-study French, as well... They all seem like such beautiful, fun countries but I have no idea which to choose. What would you recommend, and why? And idk if it would play any part, but I'm black (Cameroonian), so preferably a country with people who generally like black people, lol. Don't want to feel uncomfortable! My main reason for wanting to do this is because I love traveling! I think its crazy that some people haven't even left their state, in the U.S. ( you don't need to be rich to travel!).There's so much to see and experience elsewhere!
Studying Abroad - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Most of Europe is extremely tolerant to most races (with the exception of gypsies). If you're choosing between Spain and France, consider that the two are right next to each other. If you decide to study in one, there's no reason you can't visit the other. If you're also looking to save money, I would recommend trying to study in a city that's off the beaten path. Instead of studying in Madrid, consider Oviedo, Bilbao, or Malaga. Instead of Paris, consider Dijon, Bourges, or Bordeaux. As someone who's studying Spanish in college, I have a natural preference toward Spain over France. Each region has a different culture, even a different dialect, which is insanely cool. You can also take a trip to Morocco if you're in Southern Spain. That's not to say that France isn't amazing also, but if you're looking to become more fluent in Spanish, Spain's the place to go. You can still practice your French if you visit France. Spain also has more of an African/Arabic influence, since the Moors came through from Northern Africa. That's why there are so many words in Spanish with Arabic roots.

Read more other entries :