Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What would be a good place to live in Spain for a first time student?



What would be a good place to live in Spain for a first time student?
I am now a student in the UK (from Romania) but am finding culture here very difficult to adapt to as I'm very 'European'...I am contemplating where to do my master's degree and was thinking about Spain, even though to be honest, I've never been there. What would be the best city for a first time student to live in? Crime-wise, price-wise, nightlife-wise. I want it to be a big city but with a population under 1 million so it retains some of the 'community spirit', so not Madrid... Barcelona seems nice but I don't speak Catalan and it seems a bit too touristy as well. I've recently looked up Zaragoza and it seems to have amazing views, history and culture. Basically, I am asking which of the main metropolitan cities would be best for a student going there for the first time.
Other - Europe - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Despite your concerns, I'd still recommend Barcelona. If you are good with languages, as I suspect you are, the local language will be learned fairly fast by you. It is a fun city, full of history, and friendlier than most to the new visitor.

Read more other entries :