Thursday, June 14, 2012

How much money should I take to Spain with me?


How much money should I take to Spain with me?
I'm going to go on a student tour to Spain for 20 days and would like to know how much money I should take with me. Breakfast, dinner and transportation are included in the price of the trip. So how much should I bring for souvenirs, lunch and taxis to get around the cities? Also, what form of money should the money be in? Travelers checks, cash? Would I be able to use an ATM card from an American bank in Spain? Thanks for putting up with the long question. Oh, and I'm also not a big spender, so I probably won't be buying THAT much stuff. But I do need to get around.
Other - Destinations - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
$1,500 - 2,000 should be enough. If you use your debit card it has to have the Visa/Mastercard logo. You can use an ATM to withdraw money. Your back will charge you a surcharge at about 6%. Remember you are using Euros and the dollar is worth nothing right now. When you withdraw your money make sure you write it down and calculate. Or check your balance online. I used my debit card at the malls and grocery stores and only took out money when I needed it. If you are going to use Taxis and buy things at random places have cash. If you need more just go to the ATM but take our more because you will be charged that 6%. Many locations will not take travelers checks and my school told us not to use them. It is hard to tell you how much to take and what to do. You have to use good judgement. If you do take your debit.. Make sure you make a copy of it and give it to your parents just incase you lose it. Don't forget to tell your bank or CC that you are going out of the country or they will stop your account. Oh yeah make sure you know how much money you can take out in a day. Good luck...i lived in Spain for 3 months and lived on $3,500
2 :
well... generally in europe you can easyly get around with $1000-$1500!!! that should cover everything!!! food if you don't like hotel food... shopping ect!!!

Read more other entries :