Tuesday, June 28, 2011

im doing a student exchange to spain and i only got my host family 6 days before?


im doing a student exchange to spain and i only got my host family 6 days before?
is that normal, does that mean noone wanted my profile or they didnt have an famies
Studying Abroad - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
what are you asking us!? Trying wording it better, yeah?
2 :
No, it just means that they didn't just rush to give you a bad family. This means that they took your time to find you the best family. Don't worry, some people don't get their family until they arrive in their country. And if there is, for some reason, something wrong, you can always get help from your local advisor and switch families. Good luck!
3 :
Don't worry about it. I went on an exchange in Mexico and I didn't even find out about who my host family was until I got there. I'm sure it's normal. Plus, when you meet the family, you'll soon get to know them. Usually families are very warm and welcoming. If they aren't, contact a student adviser on the trip and switch. Have fun in Spain! I've been there before and it's amazing.
4 :
Host families are very difficult to find -- so I wouldn't worry about it too much. At least you are not in an "arrival" family -- you know where you are going! It's also quite common not to get students placed until right at the end of the placement cycle AND the fact that you are a semester student (or so it seems) adds another difficulty. Most families want to host a full year student. Go and have a great time! Offer to help around the house and remember, you're to be a family member, not a guest!

Read more other entries :