Monday, April 7, 2014

What is the University system in Spain like?

What is the University system in Spain like?
Hey, can anyone tell me what Academia in Spain is like, specifically compared to the US, if you can. I'm a grad student who will eventually be getting my PhD in Political Science. The problem is that I have an obsession with Spain, and I have to move there some day. So, if I can move there and teach in my field at the same time, all the better... I've heard a few things about the University system in Spain before, mostly that they hire their own, and that Political Science programs are very qualitative, but I'd like to hear your opinions. ¡Muchísimas gracias!
Other - Spain - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
All depends on which university you'd be interested in... My nephew works in administration in the UAM (Madrid, northwestern campus). He says that is 's a pretty good one. I live in Malaga province. The University in Malaga has become quite large and improved enormously, tho' most studies are better on theory, less so on practice (field work). The Granada University has an excellent pharmacy faculty (among others). And Granada is a wonderful city to live in. Check out some websites... www.uam.es (Madrid) www.ugr.es (Granada University) www.uma.es (Malaga University) www.uah.es (Alcala de Henares) www.usal.es (University of Salamanca) There are also Universities in Valencia, Bilbao, Barcelona, Valladolid, etc. and the catholic university in Pamplona. Check them all out, and see which one has something interesting in your field... Then go for it! Send them a C.V (curriculum) and cross your fingers. I hope this info. has been of help...Good luck! Buena Suerte!!

Read more other entries :