Saturday, September 28, 2013

If my student visa was denied, can I still go to Spain for a 90 day period?

If my student visa was denied, can I still go to Spain for a 90 day period?
I'm studying abroad in Spain, where I'm living with a host family, and going to school. I was originally just staying one semester, but I decided to change my stay to an entire year. In order to extend my stay, I had to renew my student visa by returning to the States first. My visa was denied in Madrid. If I appeal, the consulate said it could take up to 1.5 months to find out anything. I don't have time to appeal... could I still go to Spain without a visa and stay 90 days (no visa is required for a 90 day stay)? I would need to go to school, also.
Embassies & Consulates - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
yes you could try the Visa waiver whilst you appeal, but you run a risk of being deported. Unless you are a security risk you may just get away with it.

Read more other entries :