Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I have been in Spain with a 6 month student visa but want to travel Europe after. Do I need a new visa?


I have been in Spain with a 6 month student visa but want to travel Europe after. Do I need a new visa?
I have been studying in Spain and my 6 months on my student visa runs up in mid-July however I was planning on traveling until the end of July. Since Spain is part of the Schengen agreement does that mean when my six months are up I have to leave Spain or all Schengen countries? Does the allowed 90 day period of travel within Schengen countries start when my student visa runs up?
Other - United States - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You need an exit stamp on your passport which shows that you have left the Schengen zone latest on the expiration date of your visa. Hence you have to depart to a country outside of the Schengen agreement. http://dc.the-netherlands.org/Services/Consular_services/Visa/US_citizens/Traveling_to_the_Netherlands/Tourist_and_Business_Visa_for_the_Netherlands_Schengen/See_also/Map_of_Schengen_countries .. http://www.axa-schengen.com/en/schengen-countries .. There is no waiting time to re-enter the Schengen zone as tourist. The 90 days of stay within a six months period only applies for visa-free stay as tourist/visitor or for doing business. http://www.bfm.admin.ch/content/dam/data/migration/rechtsgrundlagen/weisungen_und_kreisschreiben/weisungen_visa/vhbI/visahandbuchI-e.pdf ..

Read more other entries :