Friday, March 1, 2013

I have a French Carte de Sejour (long term visa) obtained as a student, can I work in Spain as an intern?


I have a French Carte de Sejour (long term visa) obtained as a student, can I work in Spain as an intern?
I am an Indian Student in France, problem is that, I am not sure how this works? Can I just goto Spain and start working or what are the rules? I have a Schengen visa and i am a student in France, will I need to apply for something after I am in Spain? What is the process for that? Will I need company sponsorship? How long can I work? Will I need a work permit or will this be considered a part of studies? The internship is one year long. So will i need to apply for something when I reach Spain??? Something like carte de Sejour in France, I can get a letter from a Spanish university, so then can I work??? will i need something from the company as well?
Embassies & Consulates - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No, you can't. A French student visa only authorizes to work in France for a maximum of 964 hours per year (during the school year : part-time / during vacations periods : full-time within the 964 hours yearly limit). http://www.consulfrance-washington.org/spip.php?article385#IV-Frequently-asked-questions .. Your French temporary residence permit only grants you to visit Spain as tourist for up to 90 days in a six month period; it does not grant you to stay for a longer period or to take up work/internship.

Read more other entries :