Monday, January 14, 2013

Student Visa for Spain?

Student Visa for Spain?
I wasn't sure about the Student Visa turnaround time which happens to be 7 weeks. I have been accepted to a school in Madrid. Everything is ready to go except my visa. The day I'm leaving is Feb 1st. THe program lasts until May 29th. My question is can I go without a student visa? If I get a visa when I get there it lasts for 90 days. Can I just leave to a non schengen country and come back to give myself another 30 days? Let me know if there are any other options. I can't cancel this trip!
Embassies & Consulates - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
When I went to school in Madrid in 1992, my memory is that I went to the Spanish embassy in Houston and was issued a visa on the spot, no waiting. I don't know if things have changed since then, but definitely call the Spanish embassy in your area to find out....
2 :
if you have been accepted as a student, you must ask for a student visa, otherwise the school will not let you enter the courses or start the school; the student visa must be applied while out of the country, not while in the country ; after your student visa is expired, if you are from a visa waiver country? you may go back, where are you from? come back and add your country, i cannot answer you legally without the origin of your country.edit your question with the little pencil under it.

Read more other entries :