Thursday, October 7, 2010

Do I need a Visa to go to Spain if I have a French student Visa?

Do I need a Visa to go to Spain if I have a French student Visa?
I have a Colombian passport, but I am a legal resident of the United States. I currently have a student Visa for France. Can I travel to other Schengen countries (In this case Spain) without a tourist Visa?
Embassies & Consulates - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
There are no border controls in the Schengen countries. Once you are inside one, like France, you can freely travel around in the others. I had a student visa for Holland and was able to travel to France and Belgium without any additional visa. Even if you dodn't have a visa nobody will stop you because as I say there are no border controls.
2 :
You probably have a category D visa valid for France. Such a visa would allow you to visit other Schengen states for up to 90 days. A category C visa will also allow you to visit other Schengen states provided it is marked “Valable pour états Schengen”. The category and validity of your visa should be printed on the visa sticker. Very likely you are allowed to go to Spain, but do not guess. Normally there are no border controls between Schengen states, but if you do get caught in Spain without the correct visa, your visa to France can be revoked.

Read more other entries :